Cancer treatment Surgeon
Dr. in Surat
Treatment for Esophageal Cancer at Surat’s Best Hospitals. If you willbe been diagnosed with esophageal cancer by your primary care physician, see Surat’s top esophageal cancer surgeon in Surat. An established surgical gastroenterologist, he has a track record of delivering positive results in the treatment of patients with esophageal cancer. The muscular tube organ known as the esophagus is responsible for transporting food and liquids from the mouth to the stomach, where they may be further digested. Your best bet is to seek out an expert surgical gastroenterologist who can accurately stage the malignancy and begin treatment as soon as possible.
Esophageal cancer comes in two types:
- This kind of cancer originates in the esophageal squamous cells. Squamous cell carcinoma often affects the upper and middle esophagus in individuals.
- An esophageal adenocarcinoma originates in the mucus tissues that aid with swallowing. The lower esophageal tract is affected by this kind of malignancy.
Do you know the signs and symptoms of ESOPHAGEAL CANCER if you have this disease?
The following symptoms should not be taken lightly and should instead be treated with home remedies. Patients who get early detection have a higher chance of a positive result and a better quality of life:
- eating and drinking becomes more difficult,
- Weight reduction that was unintentional,
- Inflammation in the chest,
- you may be experiencing pressure or discomfort in your chest,
- Heartburn and other digestive problems, Coughing all the time.
Cancer of the ESOPHAGUS may occur in anybody. Researchers now know that the illness arises when there are abnormalities in the organ, even if the precise cause of esophageal cancer remains unclear. Chronic inflammation of the esophagus is often a precursor to esophageal cancer. It has a greater impact on Indian males than on Indian women, unfortunately. on the other hand, feels that there is a slew of other risk factors for esophageal cancer like:
Having gastroesophageal reflux disease,
- Barrett’s esophagus is diagnosed,
- Cancer in the family tree,
- Smoking and drinking are both harmful habits,
- Not eating any fruits or veggies,
- Consuming too many hot beverages,
Additionally, Dr. in Surat may propose additional tests to identify esophageal cancer, such as a Barium Swallow Study, an esophageal endoscopy, or a biopsy. Depending on the stage of the malignancy, more tests may be recommended by the doctor. The doctor will conduct a variety of tests to determine if the cancer has spread to other organs, including a CT scan, PET scan, and bronchoscopy. The doctor may propose palliative treatment for patients with stage IV esophageal cancer.
However, if the tumors are tiny and superficial, the doctor may undertake a surgical procedure to eliminate them. For treating esophageal cancer, there are a number of different surgical options. Esophageal excision or esophagectomy is a common procedure used by doctors to avoid the spread of the illness:
- Trans Hiatal Esophagectomy – An abdominal incision is used to remove the tumour.
- Trans Thoracic Esophagectomy (TTE): This procedure is used to remove malignancy from the top two-thirds of the oesophagus via a chest incision.
- When the spleen, stomach, the left hemidiaphragm, the right atrial appendage, the aortic and esophageal vessels are all removed, the patient is left with an open abdomen.
There are times when this procedure is the best option for patients who are suffering from cancer of the esophagus that has progressed to their stomach and they need thoracic esophageal and complete gastrectomy. Because of the wide range of treatment options and varying stages of the disease, the price of surgery for esophageal cancer surgery is very variable. An esophagectomy costs between Rs. 1,00,000 and Rs. 1,25,000. The costs will also vary according to on the style of hospital room, length of stay, post-operative care and difficulties, expenses for GI surgeons and other medical specialists required to assure your recovery.
Find More Professional Surgeons